Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Update Discrimination at Work

It's been a year and half, since I left my work company. During all that time, I was working with my lawyer preparing for trial to come. Mine will start on October 21st, 2008 (finally PAH!). My lawyer asked me, if I win the case what is my goal to educate work company. I told them, they need to respect and treated equal with everyone especially with ASLAN people.

I suggested them they need to be mindful of ASLAN and add up the ADA law or policy for workforce stating that it shall provided interpreter for all ASLAN and not oppress them. Must let ASLAN know advance instead of last minutes for company mandatory meeting. I need your feedback or suggestion to add up for ADA law to protect ASLAN rights.

The reason, I put ASLAN instead of Deaf is to recognize American Sign Language and those people who signed it, not just general to Deaf, because the hearing world will think Deaf can mean anyone who can't hear, those with CI or lipreader is sufficient for it. To emphazise ASLAN is the true group of people that really sign American Sign Language. Please share any comments that I can share with my lawyer to add up for new and upcoming ADA law in case if I win.

Wouldn't it be great to put ASLAN document in ADA laws and recognize it??

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Now.. ASLAN needed to be added to ADA for those who are truly rely on ASL as their main source of communication.

I will share your situation with my bloggers. Thanks for posting.